Breathes there a man,
with soul so dead,
who never to himself
“This is my own.
My native land”.
- Buy online at a reduced price: online rate is £12 (regular) and £9 (student), instead of £14 (regular) and £10 (students) sold on location and via other partners
- Please present your online tickets to the ticketing person prior to the tour
- Printed online tickets are not required, as long as client can supply proof of purchase via smartphone or tablet
- Please arrive in good time for a prompt 7.30pm start, especially if you are part of a group. Just like the theatre, if you're not there after 7.30pm, the show must go on...
- Meeting point: outside at The Beehive Inn, in Grassmarket, near the large A frame sign for the tour
- Under 18's are not allowed to enter pubs. Scottish Licensing laws are very strict and actually quite non-European (sorry about that). Under 25 may be asked for ID so it's a good idea to brings yours with you
- For Student Concession, please present personal student card to ticketing person
- Your ticket is only valid for the tour you have booked. If you aren't able to attend your tour please advise us and we will attempt to place you on a later one, subject to availability
- Your regular and student tickets are not valid for any suppers, unless you purchase the corresponding Supper tickets (Whiski Rooms or Apex)
- Suppers are booked for 6pm in your selected venue
- The tour starts inside the Beehive Inn, in Grassmarket, where the opening segment is performed for around 15m. Group proceeds to the Jolly Judge, in James Court. Here we visit the pub for drinks and the actors perform the second segment outside, in James Court. The next stop is the Ensign Ewart, just off James Court and into the Royal Mile. There is a small break of 15m before proceeding to the Makars' Court area, where the third segment is performed for around 10m. The tour finishes in Rose Street, where the closing segment is performed for around 20m in one of three different pubs: The Kenilworth, The Milnes Bar or Cafe Royal. Please check the route here.
- The tour is not suitable for people with accessibility problems, due to several steps along the way and inside the pubs
- Bad weather is just about the right clothing. We run in hail, rain, wind or snow, please wear warm clothing and comfortable foot wear
- Refunds are not available, except when the organization cancels the tour
- Please respect our actors when performing by not interrupting (unless they ask you to!). We also respectfully ask you to seek permission for all flash light photography, it can be distracting, but our actors are all professionally trained and quite amenable
- Drinking is not required (although it's recommended!) and drinks are not included in the ticket price
- If you are part of a group and wish to have dinner after the tour, please contact us with your booking request and we will provide you with our Supper Packages for The Kenilworth (last pub on the tour) - contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please, please feel free to rate us on Trip Advisor, it’s a huge help to us in terms of keeping the project alive!
- You can send your pictures of the tour to email@example.com or share them on our facebook page - www.facebook.com/elptour - and we will surely credit you on our website and facebook page.